DOMAINE DE BEAURENARD
Châteauneuf-du-Pape Gran Partita
About this winery
In the 14th century, during their stays in Avignon, the popes – especially Pope John XXII – built a papal castle in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Impressed by the area’s exceptional soils, they established vineyards on the slopes surrounding the château and were instrumental in promoting the local wine’s reputation around the world. A notarial act dated 16 December 1695 mentions “Bois Renard”, which over time has become “Beaurenard”. It has been a family-run estate for seven...