Sancerre Chavignol Rouge 2018

DOMAINE DELAPORTE

Sancerre Chavignol Rouge
2018

Product code
748792
Format
12 x 750ml
Listing type
Open
Status
Available
Country
France
Regulated designation
Appellation origine controlée (AOC)
Region
Loire Valley
Varietal(s)
Pinot Noir 100 %
Color
Red
Availability
Winery's website

About this winery

Located in heart of the Sancerre region is Domaine Vincent Delaporte and Sons, a family business which has been passed from father to son since the 17th century. The winery is located in the charming village of Chavignol, recognized as, perhaps, the prettiest village in the region and for its famous goat cheese. Today the domaine is run by Jean-Yves Delaporte (Vincent’s son) and his wife and son, Nathalie and Matthieu. Matthieu has recently taken over the viticulture and winemaking. The...

See the DOMAINE DELAPORTE detail page for more information on this brand

Notes about product

Sustainably cultivated vines of an average age between twenty to forty years. 70% of vines are planted in clay and sandy-flint soil with the remaining 30% in limestone soil.

Winemaking notes

Grapes were hand-picked and sorted manually. Fermentation followed for twelve days at a temperature of 25┬░ Celsius, with daily pumping over and constant sampling. Malolactic fermentation occurred in 228-litre oak barrels for half of the grapes, with the other half in stainless steel vats. Aged 6 months before bottling unfiltered.

Tasting notes

Intense aromas of ripe, stewed red berries and a hint of roasted coffee beans, graphite and cinnamon. Round and smooth on the palate, with well-structured tannins and flavours of stewed prune and smoke.