About this winery
At heart, Catena is a story about family. Family who poured their lives, passion and spirit into transforming scrub-laden desert into some of the most beautiful and unique vineyards in the world. Family that passed their knowledge from generation to generation, blending collective memory with state-of-the-art science from the new world of viticulture. Family who, through risk-taking, faith and a little luck, transformed their treasured Mendoza terroir into the fountainhead of the award-winning...
See the CATENA detail page for more information on this brand
Notes about product
80% of the fruit from this vintage comes from the Adrianna Vineyard, sitting at an altitude of 4,757 ft in Uco Valley, Mendoza. The remaining 20% comes from Domingo Vineyard, at 3,675 ft, with loamy, limestone soil and a surface covered completely by gravel.
Whole clusters of grapes were pressed and fermented in 500 L French oak barrels with natural yeasts at low temperatures. 70% of the wine went through malolactic fermentation. The wine was aged for 14 months in first, second and third use French oak barrels.
A bouquet of white fruit and floral aromas intermingle with delicate citrus notes. Concentrated stone fruits, ripe pear and apple greet the palate with just a hint of minerality. The finishes is long and complex with crisp acidity.